Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Nearly A Month Away

I've been busy, traveling, sick and busy for a while and haven't found a way to contribute to this page as much as I'd like to. I do have some weird random thoughts that have come to my mind over the last few over-the-counter-drug-addled days...

1.) The Hollywood Stones (the Rolling Stones tribute band) was formerly known as "Sticky Fingers," in one of those grand cover-band traditions of paying tribute by just mentioning a title from the thing you're covering. But they changed their name, and I'm assuming this was due to legal pressures from the real Stones or their record label... which would be ironic since the Stones themselves got their band name from the title of a Muddy Waters song. I'm not saying I'm right, but if I am, that seems wrong.

2.) I've been plodding through the RedLetterMedia.com reviews of "Phantom Menace" and "Attack of the Clones," and both made me laugh a lot. I can't say I understand everything going on in the reviews (there are "character" moments where we learn the reviewer is a psychopath who may or may not have murdered his wife and now has kidnapped a hooker in his basement), but the criticisms of the movies and the prequel trilogy in general have been pretty spot on. I've thought about interviewing him for the USSRockNRoll.com site, but I'm afraid he'd wanna do it in character, and I'm not up for that. I mostly want to congratulate him on doing something so many people have wanted to do for so long.

3.) And contrary to that, the worst thing to happen to the "Star Wars" world was not the prequels, it was the Holiday Special, which I finally saw a couple months ago. "Saw" as in "tolerated a few minutes at a time and then jumped ahead to the next horrible pile of steaming garbage they collected." It's interminable.

No comments:

Post a Comment