Friday, April 9, 2010

I Can't Keep Jimmy Fallon's Balls Out of My Mouth

I know, right? It's the grossest, most foul thing I've ever written, but it's true. On the USSRockNRoll.com site, I recently defended the comedic cute boy's career, and I'm now dedicating my own personal blog space to the man again. I didn't go looking for it, it came looking for me.

I'm even breaking my own sorta-rule about being a news spot, but I'm too interested in yet another Rolling Stones sell-their-old-stuff-again event.



Quick sidebar: I had always understood that the Stones themselves (at least Jagger) was never that excited about "Exile." I remember the interview he gave to "Rolling Stone" magazine where they went through every album up to that point ("Voodoo Lounge" I think), and he kind of blah-blah'd "Exile" saying it didn't have as many of those big, great, classic ROLLING STONES songs like, say, "Sticky Fingers" did, or "Let It Bleed." Maybe it's a percentage thing. You'd think that "Tumbling Dice" would count as one of those big songs, but maybe its impact would seem larger if it had been one of 9 or 10 instead of one of 18. It's also possible that this was a crappy time in Jagger's life and he doesn't enjoy being told his most miserable recording experience was the best period.

Anyway, the week-long event promises to be filled with many things that I like: nostalgia, cover songs and potential comedy.

So you keep doing good stuff, Jimmy Fallon, and I'll have your back. And balls. Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment